Vocational language refers to the language required for effective communication in a vocational context. Our vocational language courses aim to help learners develop their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills for their vocational needs. They cover language skills training useful for various career aspects:
- In the pre-stage, learners may need help during the job application process, which necessitates a training for CV writing, interview preparation and other related skills.
- During work, learners may need to use specialised language including technical terms in an industry to handle the work, which can be acquired through our discipline-specific language courses such as English/ Chinese for vocational purposes. Improving workplace communication skills (e.g. speech articulation, negotiation and presentation skills) is also a focus of our courses, which will be imperative to learners' daily business correspondence.
Our comprehensive training will prepare learners to become competent candidates who can join the workforce readily with an adequate command of vocational language.
21.03.2020 - 21.03.2020
Seek, Hunt, Get Employment Training
This 6 hour one day workshop seeks to train participants in effective techniques and skills to: find and analyse job postings, design a tailored and targeted CV and cover letter to win an interview and successfully handle the interview process with confidence.
1. Gain skills and insight into how to analyse job postings and sue this analysis to write targeted CVS and Cover letters
2. Gain understanding, useful language and expertise in expressing their soft skills, career objectives, personal qualities and knowledge
3. Understand how job applications are processed and how to structure CVs and cover letters to suit this.
10.03.2020 - 17.03.2020
Content Management in Social Media
26.03.2020 - 26.03.2020
Writing Professional LinkedIn Profile
LinkedIn is one of the major social media for professional and job seekers to connect with and present himself as a professional. Most importantly, LinkedIn is the best place to get hired.
1. Create a professional LinkedIn profile.
2. Connect with professional.
3. Plan career development.
02.03.2020 - 16.03.2020
Elementary Japanese for Work and Daily Conversation
This is an introductory course for people who haven't learnt Japanese before. The course provides basic Japanese knowledge (simple vocabularies and phrases) to deal with different situation in daily life and workplace. The course will also introduce some Japanese culture to students.
1. Recognize Japanese characters: Hiragana (平仮名) and Katakana (片仮名).
2. Introduce themselves in Japanese.
3. Give conversation in different situations, like ordering in restaurant, holding and cancelling a reservation, shopping and etc.