Information & Communication Technology
The courses and workshops in the area of Information and Communication Technology aim at equipping students with the skills and abilities to use software applications effectively for solving problems in the competitive business environment. Specifically, the courses are designed to improve students’ work performance and productivity through the effective use of office-based applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Other practical skills include the use of Google Analytics, Search Advertising, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
Through the courses and workshops, students’ confidence in using the software applications will be enhanced. The courses also help students to identify and evaluate software applications to solve real-world problems and enhance self-directed and lifelong learning.
11.03.2019 - 11.03.2019
360 Degree Job Search Methods
This workshop introduces the concept of job search and equips participants with the knowledge and skills of various employment search methods and networking strategies to help participants becoming savvy job seekers.
1. Understand the relationship between your career choices and job search strategy
2. Acquire the most updated job search skills
3. Know how to build your personal brand for better job opportunity
16.02.2019 - 30.03.2019
Advanced Microsoft Excel (Two classes)
Microsoft Excel is a powerful tool for formatting spreadsheets, analyzing information for decisions making. In this course, students first learn the formatting and data manipulation fundamental. Secondly, students will learn how to create colorful graph. Thirdly, student will learn to use the formula, build-in data analysis and problem solving tools.
1. Manipuling data by Filter and Condition Format, create In-Cell chart and advanced Charts
2. Familiar with the Function and Formula, VLOOKUP, Subtotal, and Consolidation
3. Analyze data using What-If Analysis, Solver and Pivot Tables
16.02.2019 - 23.02.2019
Drawing Artworks with Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Illustrator is the industry-standard vector graphics app lets you create logos, icons, drawings, typography and illustrations for print, web, video and mobile.
1. Understanding the Basic Concepts of Computer Graphics and Colour
2. Overviewing Adobe Illustrator CC and Adobe Bridge CC
3. Modifying: Colouring, Transforming, Aligning, & Distributing Objects
02.03.2019 - 09.03.2019
Enhancing and Fixing Photos with Adobe Photoshop (Level I)
Educators and students can confidently create, edit, and enhance photos with the same tools used by top creative professionals and photographers. With Photoshop’s smooth file handling and an intuitive workspace that can be customized, it’s easier than ever for them to create visually compelling images.
1. Applying Basic Adjustment & Retouching Techniques
2. Working with Basic Type, Selections and Touch-up Tools
3. Optimizing, Saving & Exporting Image into Different File Formats
04.03.2019 - 04.03.2019
Excel VBA Programming (Level I)
VBA is a powerful and sophisticated built-in programming language that allows you to write your own functions or commands in an Excel spreadsheet. These custom functions or commands, can help to ease your tasks and thus by using Excel VBA you can do almost any imaginable thing in Excel.
1. Record and execute Macros
2. Integrate Event and Function in VBA program
3. Develop useful applications that increase productivity and reduce time on routine work